Tuesday, November 2, 2010

''The Stripper Myth'' Response to Carolyn


The readings for this week they all dealt with what women have to go through in regards to the work force but focused primarily of poor or underclass women. I appreciate all the article's and "Mommy Tax" shed light on the issue of being a mother and having a career a issue we had discussed earlier in the class. The reading that really stood out to me was in Listen Up. "Reality Check" really interested me because as a college student I feel like we could all relate to Hakin-Dyce in her efforts to find a job which we probably all will be doing after college. This story reminded me of man jokes and movies that i have heard or seen. The most recent is a joke Chris Rock tells about the "Stripper Myth".




Another movie that I think talks about a girl in a similar position but she chooses to strip and we learn about her struggles with that is "Players Club". This is a real scary issue that becomes a reality for so many women.

No comments:

Post a Comment